Education, health departments offering flu shots to students | Health
School districts statewide and across Your Region 8 are teaming up with the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) and the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) to fight the flu.
Starting this week, they’ll be offering seasonal flu vaccines to children in grades K-12.
In Clay County, the vaccines will be administered on the following dates at these schools:
- Corning School District: Corning High School on Oct. 22
- Corning School District: Park Elementary School on Oct. 29
- Piggott School District: Piggott Elementary School on Nov. 15
- Piggott School District: Piggott High School on Nov. 1
- Rector School District: Rector Elementary School on Nov. 22
- Rector School District: Rector High School on Nov. 22
The ADH stresses the vaccine is not required for children to attend school; but, it is highly recommended.
Both the nasal mist and shot vaccine will be available this year.
In order to get the vaccine, children must have a signed parental consent form.
If you have insurance, the ADH will ask your insurance company to pay for the cost of giving the vaccine. If you do not have insurance or your insurance company does not pay, the vaccine will be no charge to you.
Copyright 2013 KAIT. All rights reserved.