Younts named Northeast District Farm Family of the Year | Business
A Clay County family has been named district winners of the 67th Annual Arkansas Farm Family of the Year program.
Nick and Deanne Yount, along with brother John and youngest son Luke, farm 1,500 acres of corn, soybeans, wheat, rice and hay in Pollard.
They will represent the Northeast District. The state winner will be announced December 12 at the Farm Family of The Year luncheon at the Wyndham Riverfront Hotel in North Little Rock.
All winners are judged on their farm production, efficiency, management, family life and rural/community leadership.
Other district winners are:
- Jeff and Tanya Hill of Moro (Lee County) in the East Central District. The Hills grow soybeans, rice, wheat and corn on 6,000 acres. They have two young children, Caitlynn Nicole and Cooper.
- The Aday Family of Leslie (Van Buren County) in the North Central District. The Adays, including Opal Aday and her grown sons Guinn and Allan, and their families, operate a 1700-acre cattle and forage farm.
- Len and Tammy Williams of Huntington (Sebastian County) in the Northwest District. The Williams operate a registered Charolais herd, along with crossbred cattle and sheep, on 420 acres. They have two grown children, Jared and Breanna.
- Andy and Shannon Gill of McGehee (Desha County) in the Southeast District. Along with their son Andrew and daughter Madeline, the Gills raise 3,200 acres of corn and soybeans.
- Larry and Leslie Griffin of Ozan (Hempstead County) in the Southwest District. The Griffins, along with grown sons Andrew and Carroll Wayne, raise almost 1 million chickens annually, maintain a 100-head cow/calf operation, and have Bermuda and rye grass forage.
- Bob and Sarah Gorden of Mena (Polk County) in the Western District. Along with their grown sons Brent and Kent, the Gordens operate a 600-head cattle herd on 750 acres.
- Mario and Lucina Maya of DeQueen (Sevier County) in the West Central District. The Mayas raise cattle, sheep and maintain a pair of poultry houses. They have three children, Anita, Rachel and Jose.